Monday, July 4, 2011

Aprons!

I don't know about you, but I feel the Apron gods asking me to update their look...
Ok, so maybe they're asking someone else but I def. get a scent of apron in the air lately...
Chicken Apron

So first of all, let me introduce Madeline.  I bought her for $7 at a yard sale, and the previous owners told me her name was Madeline.  And I'm not one to go changin' names... so Madeline it is.  Maybe I'll make her a balloon head...

So obviously, this apron is too small for Madeline.  But it's perfect for my almost 2 yr. old...
And little girls love to dress up.  What am I saying, my nephew would probably be more eager to wear this than my daughter...





















When I did get it on her, I guess she decided it was time to make coffee...

And since she did such a good job with that, I think she can handle the turkey this year...



I got this fabric at JoAnn's.  (sorry to say it's not from Grams collection)  It's got CHICKENS!  And I was brave enough to throw a fancy stitch on there..  I say brave coz my sewing machine is always jamming up... leaving big knots of thread ...  and it's hard to pick up a fancy stitch and still have it look nice after that...
But for some reason, it was behaving during this particular project.



And this little guy was just something I threw together for family picnics this summer.  Who couldn't use a cute little helper on the BBQ!

BBQ apron
Well, Speaking of BBQ's. It is July 4th, so I hope you're having one!  Should be a nicer day than yesterday...


No comments:

Post a Comment