Saturday, February 4, 2012

Scrappetizers before dinner



So I went on my first ever scrapbooking "retreat" last weekend.
I thought I was the only one...  I thought... there can't be anyone who likes to scrapbook as much as me??
Ok, I really didn't think that, but I did think at least in my circles, and my circles once and twice removed, that there was no other.  Every time I bring up "scrapbooking" or the like to my friends or acquaintances, their responses usually include the words, "yea, that's pretty and all but who has time or patience..." So I almost gave up hope of finding a scrappy buddy.
Man, I am just filled up to my neck with cheese!
But I don't care.  Dip your cracker in me because I am not stopping.
And I'm not stopping the sepia either! Someone recently asked me to... and followed that with, "Is this 1980?" Was sepia really that popular in 1980?  Well...  I was only 2 so I didn't notice.

So what was I talking about?

OH!

Yes, the scraptastic weekend...   Ya know... you think before you go to something like this... "man, I DO like to scrapbook, but am I really going to want to do it for two days without interruption?
And the answer came to be...  "WAIT... NO...  we have to LEAVE ALREADY? ...  but... but... I wasn't.. lemme just...  PUT DOWN MY SEWING MACHINE I'M NOT FINISHED HERE BELL MAN!"
are they still called that?


Speaking of them, what a treat to have someone carry in all my stuff!  And carry it out again.  I think the one who carried my stuff in must've pointed me out to the others before the close of the thing, coz it was harder to catch one on the way out...

I only had that stuff over there--------------->


But anyway, though I missed my ROO ROO so incredibly much, spending a saturday thru sunday was still not enough time to make any good dent in my TADA list...  But also because I just take a long fitzin' time making decisions as I'm working ...
And I really can't post much of what I made there because it's mostly for other people...



So anyway,  the plus' are as follows:
1. Constant access to coffee
2. Constant access to food
3. Nice people to talk to
4. Nice people to be inspired by
5. Nice people to annoy with your noisy machines that you brought
6. Wait, that last one wasn't a plus... I felt really bad, but...  this was not fun time, this was SERIOUS TIME that happened to also be fun.  My noise had to come with... no choice.
7. Being able to stay up all night and scrap!  (I only made it till 4am... and that was with a wine break)
8. The vendors!   Great stuff and great prices!
9. Having interrupted scrap time!

Here is the blog:  Check it out if you are interested.  Kathy, whom I had the pleasure to meet and share some talk with, is absolutely magical and knows how to set up a fantastic event!
http://scrappetizer.blogspot.com/

I am going to try to make it to the one in the Poconos...  If I can sell enough on ebay and etsy, I'm there!

And that reminds me.. my etsy store will be up in the next month hopefully... just getting some small bulk made...  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment