Friday, August 27, 2010

I stabbed myself with the stabby tool...


so there's a hole in my finger...

things are just getting messier...

I'm going to hold off on more pics for now, because my camera died...  and I took these with my phone...   and the camera I ordered is on back order... YAY!  I love to wait for things that I shouldn't be buying anyway...

But really... me without a camera is like me without coffee...
 and I also promised Norma and Cliff I'd do a photo shoot with them like old times...
 I admit Roo has been the main attraction since she's been born....  and the fuzzy all fours walkers are getting jealous.  And not in a good way.

In other news, I made my first stab at making a scrapbook.  I mean, the actual outerings.  The banana peel if you will.  The thing the pages go in.  I mean, I had some book board... and some batting... and some fabric so I thought... how hard could it be?  So it's not quite as sturdy as the store-bought ones...  but I kinda like it. I probably need better board... and better supplies in general.  But I just made due with what I had handy..
 So far I've only got a flowery fabric on it. I'm planning on decorating it a bit...  since I think I'm going to use it for Eleanor's "first year of life" book. ha...
I don't know about you... but I could just stand in AC Moore and stare at the scrapbooks for 10 hours and still not know which one to pick...   so I figured if I made my own, it could be exactly how I want it. ( well... exactly as far as my skills go...)
I remember once my Dad compared mine and my brother's artwork.  He said we had similar taste and styles except his was missing the "insane" part.
In my opinion...  I am missing a lot of the actual know-how when it comes to creating things.  I just kind of trial and error till I like it.

Now I'm gonna take a stab at sleep...  since I should've been there 3 hours ago...  then I would've avoided the stab at my left index finger.  But I would've been four pages less done in my scrapbook. And I'm giving myself till her first birthday party to finish it!  Which is in a week...
which I also hope I have a camera for...

No comments:

Post a Comment